Thursday, July 2, 2009

They Are Playing Our Song

I found myself strolling the aisle of my local supermarket when I heard "it." I had not heard "it" in 25 years.
"He is now to be among you at the calling of your hearts
Rest assured this troubadour is acting on His part.
The union of your spirits, here, has caused Him to remain.
For whenever two or more of you are gathered in His name
There is Love.
There is Love."

It is the song from my wedding. Right there in the middle of Giant Food. I think in 1984, that was the song everyone had at their wedding. I found myself humming it. Remembering the words as if they were just sung yesterday. The only difference was the occasional insertion of new lyrics like "clean up in aisle 6" and advertisements for a special on Coke products; 3 for $11.

There is Love....

No comments:

Post a Comment